[column size=one_half position=first ][pinterest]
[pinterest][/column] [column size=one_half position=last ][pinterest]
[pinterest][/column] [divider]Pin It![/divider]
HOW LONG DO YOU NEED A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER FOR?
When considering the length of coverage you need with your wedding photographer, it’s important to identify how much of the day you wish to document.
What moments from your day will be so important that you would include them in your album? What moments would you display as artwork in your home? What moments will you want to remember and share with your grandchildren when you’re 70? Your wedding photographer’s job is to tell the story of your day, but you get to decide where that story starts and where that story ends.
When we advise our clients in selecting the amount of coverage that is right for them, we look at all the events taking place the day of the wedding and how long each event will take. It’s also important to factor in the time it takes to pack and transport gear to travel from one location to another as well. Most wedding days look something like this –
- Guys prep – we recommend one hour to cover candids, details & a couple posed shots.
- Girls prep – we recommend one hour to cover candids, details & a couple posed shots.
- Creatives – we recommend one to one and a half hours to capture first look (if before ceremony), and photograph romantic images in a variety of locations with the bride and groom together.
- Ceremony – approximately 30 minutes.
- Family Pictures – we recommend at least 30 minutes depending on family size.
- Cocktail hour
- Reception – the time it takes to cover announcements, cake cutting, toasts, dinner, first dances, bouquet & garter tosses, & send off
In the end, there are no right or wrong answers. The most important thing in choosing the number of hours you will need with your wedding photographer is to consider what will be important to you in the long run.
Atlanta Wedding Photographers