Atlanta Park Engagement Photos
We had a fabulous session a few weeks back photographing these Atlanta park engagement photos with Caitlin & Subodh! They opted to have their engagement session done in one of the prettiest most “Atlanta” parks – Piedmont! If you’re looking for ideas on where to take pictures in piedmont park check these out!
Below are a few highlights from their day as well as a few words with our lovely bride & groom to be!
How did the two of you meet? What were your first impressions? Was it love at first sight?
- Bride: We met on a dating app. I thought he was really cute and interesting. I wouldn’t say it was love at first sight, but there was definitely a strong connection.
- Groom: We met online. I thought she was pretty cute and interesting, and wanted to know more.
What attracted you most to each other? How long before you started dating? Where was your first date? Were you nervous?
- Bride: We started dating right away- I asked him out because I didn’t want to miss the chance to get to know him! Our first date was at Krog Bar. I wasn’t really nervous, and we just had a lot of fun together.
- Groom: We talked for a while, but before I could, she asked me out! We met at Krog Bar for our first date. I kinda felt like time stopped for a few minutes when she walked into the bar. She was really easy to talk to and we had a lot of fun getting to know each other. I couldn’t wait to see her again.
Tell me about your relationship
- Bride: He’s just so kind and loving, and I know he loves me unconditionally so I can be myself around him. I was a little nervous when my family met him because he’s so important to me, but I knew they’d get along great. He said I love you first, but I said it right back! It was so easy to say to him I couldn’t believe I hadn’t said it sooner.
- Groom: I’m always nervous, and Caitlin was perfect when she met my family. Caitlin is so warm and caring, and it’s what drew me to her. I don’t think I can go a day with out talking to her or just seeing her smile. We tend to be a little reserved on our own, but together we like to be a little more adventurous. I get to be myself around Caitlin, and I love how genuine she is with me. I know it’s cliche but she really is my best friend.
When did you know this person was the one?
- Bride: I knew pretty early on. It wasn’t a sudden moment, just the realization that I was so happy when I was with him that I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Groom: I think I knew for a while
How did the engagement happen?
- Bride: He asked me at home after we got back from a night out. He told me nothing went as planned, but to me it was perfect! I was a little suspicious when he not-very-subtly tried to find out my ring size a few months earlier, but I was very surprised in the moment. We told both sets of parents the next day, and everyone was thrilled!
- Groom: Nothing went as planned. It’s hard to be sneaky about ring shopping and hiding it when you’re always together. I planned to go back to our first date spot, and ask her as we walked out, but it started raining and we had to run back the car. When we got home I Caitlin left the room and when she came back I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. I think I surprised her, but she might’ve known I was going to ask. I was really nervous and wanted everything to go perfectly. I’m kinda glad it didn’t. We told my mom about it first. She was so excited.
Last Question! What’s the one thing about each other you couldn’t live without?
- Bride: His kindness and sense of humor. He always makes me feel better!
- Groom: Her heart.
If you’d like to see some MORE ideas of on where to take pictures in piedmont park, definitely check these out!